"The policy or practice of volunteering one's time or talents for charitable, educational or other worth while activities, especially in one's community."
BECOME PART OF THE TEAM
All our meets are run by volunteers from our powerlifting community. Some are active lifters and some have competed years ago. USA Powerlifting would not exist if it wasn't for the volunteers that give their time and resources to make these events possible.
If you would like to help out there are many job positions that need to be filled to run a powerlifting meet. If you would like to volunteer for one or more of the following jobs please fill out the form below for more information.
- set up - help load truck, unload and set up venue
- admissions - sell admission wrist bands and meet t-shirts
- registration - help check-in lifters
- rack attendant - help lifters get their rack heights during registration
- warm up room attendant - keep order with equipment and monitor crowd control in warm up room
- scoring table manager - if you're good with Excel learn how to run Next Lifter software to run the meet
- expediter - work with scoring manager and lifter's next attempts
- referee - USA Powerlifting quaified referee
- medical - if you are a certified EMT or Doctor and can stand by for medical needs
- clean up - help with break down, loading up truck and cleaning up venue