2018 USA Powerlifting New Jersey Heavy Metal Classic
- USA Powerlifting sanction # NJ-2018-05
- Date: September 23, 2018
- Location: Pivotal Training, 133 Eayrestown Rd, Vincentown, NJ 08088
- Meet Director: John Dalessio firstname.lastname@example.org
- ABOUT: This is a USA Powerlifting sanctioned meet being organized and run by Powerlifting Event.com. This is one day event with one platform and a 70 lifter cap. In the event of a sell out the online registration will switch to a waitlist mode. If a spot opens up you will be contacted before your payment will be processed.
- Meet options: 3 lift full power, bench press only, deadlift only, push/pull
- Catagories: Raw and Equipped
- Eligibility: The meet is open to all current USA Powerlifting members*. Membership must be purchased online.
- There is no qualifying total needed for this meet.
- All USA Powerlifting rules will be followed and enforced. The rule book can be found at www.usapowerlifting.com.
- This is a drug tested meet.
**Eligibility according to USA Powerlifting By-Laws "8. Non United States Citizens. Those citizens with appropriate government documents such as a “green card” shall be permitted to lift at any USA Powerlifting meet and shall be allowed to lift on a National team with the appropriate qualifications." If a foreign lifter, they must be a member of an IPF member affiliate and the National Office must receive permission from their home federation. You can still sign up for the meet but you must have permission from your IPF member nations federation before meet day. If you have a visa, work visa or student visa you must get permission. This is not a difficult process. Please contact me for help.
There will be No Baby Powder allowed at this meet. If you are using baby powder you will be removed from the meet.
This decision has been made for all Powerlifting Events LLC meets. This is due to the mess and clean up time associated with use.
- Open: 1st - 3rd all weight classes
- Youth 1-3 : 1st - 3rd all weight classes.
- Teen 1-3: 1st - 3rd all weight classes.
- Junior: 1st - 3rd all weight classes.
- Master1 -5: 1st - 3rd all weight classes.
- Best male and female raw lifter based on Wilks scoring. If there are 10+ geared lifters there will be a best lifter.
- Youth 1 (8-10), Youth 2 (11-12), Youth 3 (12-13), Teen 1 (14-15), Teen 2 (16-17), Teen 3 (18-19), Junior ( 20 -23), Open (14 -+), Master 1 (40-49), Master 2 (50-59), Master 3 (60-69), Master 4 (70-79) , Master 5 (80-89)
Fees and Misc.
- Entry Fee: $105 for 1st division and 2nd division $30
- Admission: spectators entry fee $10, children 7 and under free, coaches $10
- Entry deadline is August 26, 2018.
- If you are under 18 you must bring a parent or legal guardian to weigh-ins.
- Meet Director: John Dalessio
- Meet Updates and Info: Any meet information or updates will be posted here, emailed directly to registered lifters as well as posted on social media and at www.usaplnewjersey.com
Sunday September 23, 2018
7:00 -8:30 am registration, weigh-ins and equipment check for all women lifters and men up to 74kg
8:45 am rules briefing
9:00 - 1:30 pm lifting commences for athletes
1:30 - 1:45 pm awards presentation / drug testing protocol
12:00 - 1:30 pm registration, weigh-ins and equipment check for men 83kg Open division and up
1:45 pm rules briefing
2 - 6:00 pm lifting commences for athletes
6 - 6:30 pm awards presentation / drug testing protocol